Advance Cargo Information
Advanced Cargo Information For Various Countries
Many countries/regions started to implement advanced cargo information systems with various names(e.g.AMS in USA, ICS in EU, ACI in Canada, KAMS in Korea).
Countries/Regions Which Require Advanced Cargo Information
- European Union
- Korea, Republic of
- United States of America
- Vietnam (for Ho Chi Minh City only, airport code:SGN)
Advanced Cargo Information
Such information includes the electronic transmission for cargo manifest(FFM), master air waybill(MAWB) and/or house air waybill(HAWB) (when HAWB exists) to the customs authorities of the offload point before flight arrived.
Where FFM and MAWB are to be prepared by carrier, shipper and its agent should provide the detailed HAWB information to the carrier for the transmission, in order to comply with the local customs regulation at the offload point.
The HAWB Information Should Include
- HAWB number(as showed on the packages, up to 12 digits alphanumeric))
- Shipper's full name and address
- Consignee's full name and address
- Airport of origin and destination
- Description of the commodity (must not be ambiguous description, please check with the appendix)
- Number of pieces and weight
(the actual number of pieces of the packages must also be indicated as shipper load and count(SLAC) both on the MAWB and HAWB)
The provided information is expected to be accurate otherwise customs penalties will be involved.
This information may be delivered to China airlines by physical document for manual input or by electronic data via local Cargo Community System(CCS) provider.Such electronic data is recognized as FHL message.The expected SITA address to receive FHL message is TPEFMCI.
When the HAWB is to be transmitted by the carrier to the customs, charges will be collected from the shipper or it's agent per each HAWB. The charges varies by the office of origin and how the HAWB is delivered (e.g. by physical document or electronic data). It is recommended to contact the local cargo sales office for the detailed charges.
Except for Thailand and Taiwan, the HAWB information may be transmitted to the customs directly by shipper or it's agent. For shipment to Taiwan, the HAWB information may be transmitted to the Taiwan customs by local certified agent in Taiwan, instead of being transmitted by China Airlines. The charges mentioned above will not be collected if the HAWB information is directly transmitted by shipper or it's agent.
When the HAWB information is to be directly transmitted to the destined customs, shipper or it's agent must comply the following:
- To provide guarantee letter to certify that they will be fully liable for the penalty due to the violation of customs regulations.
- The wording:“HAWB information has been submitted directly to customs" be typed in the handling information box of MAWB.
- To confirm all cargo has loaded onto the aircraft before submitting the HAWB information to the customs.
- If the additional information is required by local customs, must also be input on MAWB (e.g. 16 digit code for India customs)
Appendix: Unacceptable Description Of Commodities
Jewelry (may include watches)
|Actual Chemical Name (not brand name)
Or U.N.HAZMAT Code Identifier #
Consumer Electronics, Telephones
Electronic Toys (can include Gameboys, Game Cubes,
Dancing Elmo Doll etc.)
Personal/Household Electronics(i.e.PDA's, VCR's, TV's)
||Industrial Equipment, Oil Well Equipment
Automotive Equipment, Poultry Equipment etc.
||Wood Flooring, Plastic Flooring, Carpet, Ceramic Tile,
Packaged Rice, Packaged Grain, Bulk Grain
||Iron Pipes, Steel Pipes
||Iron Building Material, Steel Building Material
Leather Jackets, Shoes
||Metal Working Machinery
Cigarette Making Machinery
||Plastic Kitchenware, Plastic Houseware,
Toys, New/Used Auto Parts
Polyurethane Medical Gloves
Rubber Conveyor Belts
|STC (Said to Contain)
FAK ( Freight of All Kinds)
Coiled Wire (Industrial)